J.R. Tucker has 3 computer science clubs, CS Honor Society, Girls Who Code, and CS for ALL. They all worked together to created amazing events throughout the week!
Here is the list of events they created!
- JRT CS Honor Society officers – Surya Shanmugaselvam (President), Nazifa Rahman(Vice President), Lucky Patel (Secretary), Aastha Patel (Treasurer), Arya Bhargava(Outreach), Rebecca Trinh (Webmaster) – organized 3 CS ED WEEK programs, one program for Skipwith ES, 1 program for Tuckahoe, Quiocassin, and Moody MS, and 2 programs for Tucker HS.
- There were 4 Skipwith elementary sessions from Tuesday through Friday at 1:00 pm with all 5th-grade classes – approximately 70 students participated.
- There were 3 middle-school sessions at 8:30 A.M. with Tuckahoe (12/8), Quiocassin (12/10), and Moody on Friday (12/11) – approximately 180 students participated.
- At Tucker, there were 4 AE CS DEMO sessions on 3D TinkerCad, Arduino, Micro:bit, and Python Turtle – approximately 45 students attended.
Girls Who Code (Circuit Express) meets next Monday and CS for ALL (Holiday Hour of Code) meets next Tuesday as an extension for the CS ED WEEK program.
- At Tucker, a dozen CS Honor Society students visited 6 classes and hosted an Hour of Code lesson with Grinch – approximately 180 students participated.
Our goal was reaching 200 students and we reached approximately 475 students last week!