The mall has been going through many major changes in the past few years since it first opened in 1975. In recent years, the mall has lost all its “anchor” stores, but new owners see a great future for the mall. The old Macy’s is now a
The space that our students are renovating will convert 12 storefronts into over 35 classrooms and office space. Our CAD or Computer Aided Drafting
• Each existing “store front” will remain to promote various careers and opportunities.
• Our goal will be to encourage adult students to become life-long learners and provide opportunities for continual growth through education.
• This space will include a Pearson’s Testing Lab that will be accessible to the community offering GED testing, industry certification testing, and other tests that will provide adults with a path forward in their career.
• The space can serve as a “source of information” for the community with rooms available for meetings and extended learning opportunities.
• Henrico FCU will provide ongoing training opportunities for the community in a designated space design specifically for this purpose.
• Over 6000+ adult students from around the region are expected to enroll in courses taught at the site.
• The adult students will come primarily from:
o Charles City
o New Kent
• Sponsor a “store front” to provide information and career opportunities
• Promote your industry to an audience that is eager to enter the workforce or be retrained.
• Offer unique instructional opportunities that will help retool adults.
• Help by working side-by side with students entering various trades as they complete their training.
• Be the first to “hire” your next employee through your involvement with the project.
For more information you can contact Mac Beaton at email@example.com
See the artist’s rendering of the new school below.