ACE Center Application Process
We are thrilled that you are interested in attending the Advanced Career Education (ACE) Center! Our application process will open on November 16th, 2020! We hope you will return and sign up then. Until our process is open please read through the details and dates below.
Read the directions and timeline below to get your ACE Center application started! If at any time you need assistance, please contact the ACE Center you are applying to for help (contact numbers are listed below).
Student Application Directions
- Students will select the appropriate application based on their grade level:
Grade Level Application Link Class of 2022 and 2023
(Current 10th & 11th graders)
bit.ly/ACEapp2022 Class of 2025
(Current 8th graders)
- Once you are ready to begin, click on the link above that matches your grade level. Be sure that you are logged into your HCPS google account. NOTE: If you were accepted as an 8th grade student to the ACE Center there is no need to reapply. Check your ACE Center Schoology Group for directions about next steps or contact Ms. Bishop – djbishop(at)henrico.k12.va.us
- Next, complete your personal contact information and school information. Take your time andhttp://djbishop(at)henrico.k12.va.us double check your email address and contact phone numbers for accuracy before moving to the next page.
- On page 2, first, you will select the ACE Center you’re applying to based on the home high school you attend. To verify which center you should apply to based on the program and school – use bit.ly/ACEcentersBYschool.
- Secondly, on page 2, identify the program you are applying to.
- At the end of this section on page 2, you will communicate your wishes should you not be selected during the first round of the application process. Students may select to remain on a waiting list of the program they’ve selected OR they can select an alternative program of interest to be considered for.
- In the last section of this application, students will complete a series of questions that are intended to communicate your interests and goals. These responses will be used to score the application to determine the students’ fit at the ACE Center. Teachers will score the responses using a rubric (bit.ly/ACErubric2021). Students are encouraged to review this rubric prior to responding and submitting your application to ensure your responses reflect how you are hoping to score. Note: Scores will not be shared with applicants or families.
- Once you are satisfied with your responses, you will submit your application. Remember, there is only ONE submission per student.
- Congratulations, you have now officially applied to the ACE Center!
October 20th – Information Session is posted to the SC website
October 28th – Open House for ACE Center at Highland Springs
October 29th – Open House for ACE Center at Hermitage
November 16th – Application is available online on the Specialty Center and CTE websites
January 15th – Application deadline for 8th-grade students
February 15th – Application deadline for 10th & 11th-grade students
March 5th – Students notified via email of acceptance status
March 19th – Eighth-grade students submit acceptance notification to Mrs. Bishop, Associate Principal, …details of how to do so is explained in the March 5th email. High school students (10th or 11th grade) must notify their home school counselor if they are declining the acceptance to the ACE Center.
March 20th – *HIGH SCHOOL ONLY* – Waitlisted students are contacted for any openings at the ACE Center.
April 12th – Application reopens for high school students for programs that have openings. Students who have already applied do NOT need to reapply, they should contact their home school counselor to learn about which programs have openings. First-time applicants should apply for consideration of the open programs.
April 16th – Eighth-grade students will be added to a Schoology group for the “ACE Center Class of 2025” (This group is used to communicate with the students about events that will take place during their freshman and sophomore years.)
NOTE: New applications will NOT be accepted after the first 2 weeks of the beginning of a school year. Students enrolling after this time have typically missed the equivalent to 15 class periods of a standard course and have a hard time catching up.
ACE Center at Hermitage – 804-756.3020
Kevin Hurley, Counseling Director – email@example.com
ACE Center at Highland Springs – 804-328.4075
Paula Harris, Counseling Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applications are available in Spanish or Arabic upon request. Please contact the ACE Center directly.