Course Code: 8219
Duration: 36 weeks
Suggested Grade Levels: 8-12
State Course Title: Independent Living
Students in Independent Living build life skills focusing on establishing positive relationships, balancing work and family life, investigating careers, making responsible consumer choices, applying nutrition and wellness knowledge, and studying child development and parenting.
- relating to others (relationships)
- applying financial literacy
- managing resources in the areas of apparel, nutrition and wellness, and housing
- using leadership skills to reach individual goals
- planning for careers
- making consumer choices in a global environment
Certification test/s are available for this program. Please see your counselor or instructor if you have questions. Click here for more information on this program.