CULINARY ARTS II Course No. 8276
CAI-This course prepares students for entry-level positions in the culinary field and is dedicated to providing students with working knowledge in basic cooking and baking skills and techniques, along with catering and business skills for successful employment. Students
CAII-Builds on knowledge gained in Culinary Arts I. The program emphasizes occupational skills for employees in the culinary world. Employment opportunities include catering, hotel and restaurant cooking, and working as bakers. With the approval and recommendation of the administration and teacher, students may spend time in actual work experience in conjunction with their studies. Students will prepare luncheons and dinners for various school and government functions to enhance their classroom knowledge.
Students have the opportunity to become certified in the following field(s):
Culinary Arts Level I
- ServeSafe Food Handler* (available at ACE Center at Hermitage)
- Certified Jr. Culinary Certification (available at ACE Center at Hermitage)
*ServSafe Food Handler Assessment is a comprehensive solution that delivers consistent food safety training to employees. This ensures the same food safety principles are delivered each and every time.
- Sections can be completed in approximately 10 minutes.
- Color photographs from the learner’s point of view helps reinforce food safety concepts.
- Enhanced assessment can be taken at the completion of training to measure if employees have the minimum competency in food safety knowledge. Covers five key areas:
- Basic Food Safety
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross-Contamination & Allergens
- Time and Temperature
- Cleaning and Sanitation
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics click here.