ACE Center Application Process
Read the directions and timeline below then select the link for your grade level to complete your online ACE Application. If at any time you need assistance, please contact the ACE Center you are applying to for help. (Contact numbers are listed at the bottom of the page.)
Click here to see what classes are offered at our ACE Centers then return here to complete your application!
Student Application Directions:
- Students will select the appropriate application based on their grade level:
Class of 2024 and 2025: Click here: bit.ly/ACEapp23-24
(Current 10th & 11th graders)
Class of 2027: Click here: https://forms.gle/1Le8RTWdgYyTxBZH8
(Current 8th graders)
Alternative Applications by Language: Spanish: Click here
Arabic: Click here
*NOTE: Students accepted in 8th grade do NOT need to reapply, check Schoology for directions on how to select your final program.
- Once you are ready to begin, click on the application link above that matches your grade level. Be sure that you are logged into your HCPS Google account. NOTE: If you were accepted as an 8th grade student to the ACE Center there is no need to reapply. Check your ACE Center Schoology Group for directions about next steps or contact Mrs. Bishop – email@example.com
- Complete your personal contact information and school information. Take your time and double-check your email address and contact phone numbers for accuracy. Your notification letter will be sent to the email address you entered. Students should use their HCPS email for contact.
- Select the program you want to apply for on the next page. NOTE: Students will be notified of which Center they will attend with their notification letter sent on January 27th, if selected to join the ACE Center.
- In the last section of this application, you will answer a series of questions that are intended to communicate your interests and goals. These responses will be used to score the application to determine a student’s fit with the ACE Center. Teachers will score responses using a rubric (bit.ly/ACErubric2021). Students are encouraged to review this rubric prior to responding and submitting your application to ensure your responses reflect how you are hoping to score. Note: Scores will not be shared with applicants or families.
- Once you are satisfied with your responses, you will submit your application. Remember, there is only ONE submission per student.
- Congratulations, you have now officially applied to the ACE Center!
October 2nd – Application is available online on the Specialty Center and CTE websites
October 26th – Open House for all ACE Centers from 7 to 8pm (Hosted by the ACE Center at Hermitage) Click here for flyer.
December 2nd – Application deadline for both 8th grade applicants AND 10th/11th grade applicants
December 12th – Application re-opens. All applications submitted on or after this date will be placed on a waiting list and will be reviewed/notified on a rolling basis as openings become available after January 27th. Students who have already applied do NOT need to reapply; they should contact their home school counselor to learn about which programs have openings. First time applicants should apply for consideration to the open programs.
January 27th – 10th & 11th Grade students notified via email of acceptance status
February 10th – Eighth grade students submit acceptance notification to Mrs. Bishop (Associate Principal at the ACE Center at Hermitage), with details of how to do so explained in the January 27th email. High school students (10th or 11th grade) must notify their home school counselor of their intent for attending the ACE Center next school year.
January 27 – May 31- Students who applied after December 2nd will be considered for openings on a rolling basis as they become available. During this time period, priority for remaining openings is given to students who applied by the initial deadline who were originally not selected.
April 16th – Eighth grade students will be added to a Schoology group for the “ACE Center Class of 2027” (This group is used to communicate with the students about events that will take place during their freshman and sophomore years.)
NOTE: New applications will NOT be accepted after the first week of the school year. Students enrolling after the first week have typically missed the equivalent to 15 class periods of a standard course and have a difficult time catching up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make changes after I submit?
Students who want to make an application change PRIOR to the application window closing can communicate this request with their home school counselor, who will collaborate with the ACE Center counselor to process the change. After the initial window closes, changes cannot be processed until AFTER the first round of applications have been reviewed.
All applications submitted before the deadline of December 2nd are processed first and letters are forwarded through email on January 27th regarding the status of the application. After January 27th, we will begin reviewing the applications that were submitted during the rolling admissions process on a first-come, first-serve basis. When the application re-opens for rolling admissions, programs that had a high number of applicants will no longer be available to select.
ACE Center at Hermitage – 804.756.3020
Russell Lewis, Counseling Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
ACE Center at Highland Springs – 804.328.4075
Paula Harris, Counseling Director – email@example.com
ACE Center at Virginia Randolph – 804.261.5090
Mike Fennessey, Associate Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
16 thoughts on “Apply For ACE”
How can I obtain admission for M-1 international high school to take Vocational course in the center
Are you a Henrico County student who is already enrolled in a area high school?
When is the due date for the High Tech Academy application?
All ACE Center applications including HTA, are due by Jan 18th 2017.
Due to the weather effecting the visitation schedule. Is there a new application deadline?
We are still taking applications for classes that have not been filled. Please give them to to a student counselor and they will put it in the system. What class were you interested in. You can email your response to email@example.com. Thanks
I am looking for an opportunity here DeShaun c
Which high school are you enrolled in. We are currently visiting all 10th graders about our programs they can sign up for now and begin attending in their junior year.
I want to participate in this program Electricity & cabling
If you are in 10th grade you can apply with the online application. We also have early bird registration for 8th graders. https://henricocte.com/apply-now/ Thank you.
when will we learn if we are accepted into an ace center?
Sometime in March. Thank you for your question.
The application period for the 10th and 11 grades has been extended to February 6th so sign up online today. 8th-grade applications have expired for this year. Thank you for your question.
I like the class nd I wanna try it
8th, 10th, and 11th-grade students can apply for the class of their choice to start their junior or senior year. 8th-grade registration has ended for this year. 10th and 11th-grade students’ application window has been extended to February 6th. Just apply on the Apply Now page and you will hear back sometime in March. Thank you for your question.
Comments are closed.